Sunday 27 January 2008

Poppies and Swirls


Two more cards to show today. The red and green card was for a colleague who left yesterday. Although I have only been working there a few months, it was very sad when she left. The poppy is a Stampendous stamp which I have stamped on red and green paper. The centre was paper-pieced from the green version. I went over the stamens (?) of the flower and the black bits in the centre with a black gelly roll pen. The back ground is a cuttlebug embossing folder and the sentiment is a rub-off.

The blue and cholocate 50th card was a comission. I love this swirls sizzix die and the big daisy goes so well with it. It needed something to balance it in the top right corner so I added 2 little paper dots cut with my crop-a-dile. The numbers were cut with an Ellison thick cut die. There is a brown brad in the centre of the flower, not sure if you can tell from the picture.

The next card was actually sort of the first version of the above. I made this and then decided that I liked the idea and so would use it for the 50th card but with a bit of tweaking. I think they both work, but i prefer the 50th version. The sentiment is printed and then cut (and embossed, and mounted) with my new nestabilities dies. These were my Christmas present to myself. The only problem with them is that they are easy to lose - especially in the mess that is my craft room. I might have matted this sentiment with a plain rectangle except I have already lost that size!

No comments: