Tuesday 29 January 2008

Stampin Up!


My good friend (and enabler!) Su gave me a beautiful birthday card yesterday which can be seen at http://sustampinstudio.blogspot.com/. She also gave me some lovely Stampin' Up stamps. So, I just had to have a play! I'm not sure if this qualifies for her challenge on http://stampinupchallengeuk.blogspot.com/, as my ribbon goes the wrong way - but I don't stamp often (I didn't own many stamps before!) and I had a bit under the knotted ribbon which was way too pale. The stamps are lovely quality and even as a novice stamper, I found them really easy to use. The set is called office accoutrement's. I have used brush markers to colour them and stamped off on scrap card to get a subtler effect. I then added glamour dust glitter for a bit of sparkle around the edges of the big flower and the centres of the little ones. I can really see the Original stamp on a male card and am going to play further with that idea. There is also a calender stamp in the set and I think that will be great for birthdays etc as well as scrapbook pages. Su, you may finally have got me hooked on stamps!

1 comment:

Su Davis said...

Ali,

Thanks for joining in - and your card is just so lovely, I really like the colour combo and glitter effect, as well as combinng the flowers with one of the 'officey' stamps.
Su