Tuesday 8 April 2008

DCM Challenge


This card is for the DCM challenge for using white space. This is a card I made for an artist friend of my Mum's. Although you can't tell, the black square frames an aperture. The flower has been punched twice from turquoise card and once from acetate. the acetate has been embossed with the cuttlebug snowflakes folder and I have added glitter. I attached the acetate flower to the first blue flower with a brad, wrapped wire around the back of the brad, and then stuck a second blue flower on the back to hide the brad's legs. The wire has then been twisted to make a leaf and then around the black frame. Finally the black frame was stuck down. The flower is free to move.

2 comments:

Anice said...

Wow! I love this card. What a fab idea to use acetate in a cuttlebug folder.
Anice xx

Kathy said...

What a brilliant way to allow the flower to move freely, I bet it looks even more beautiful irl.

Thanks so much for sharing this fab card and letting us know how you made it