Tuesday 8 April 2008

More Butterflies

I really like this new cuttlebug butterfly die and embossing folders. This time I have cut the butterfly in white card and in parchment and then embossed them both. I have used a Versa chalk ink to colour the raised bits and stuck the two together in the middle. Although it does not show up in this scan, the parchment layer lifts up above the card layer giving a 3d effect. The paper is from a PM Colossal stack which was half price in Hobbycraft. The sentiment was stamped in the same blue ink and is a 99p Studio G stamp I bought yesterday in the range. Although it is quite faint, I like this as it has a cloudy / dreamy effect.

This next card is a combination of the above and the post below. I used the same papers / inks as for the retirement card but also added a parchment layer behind the butterflies to give them extra depth and give them a little more white so that the sentiment is not overpowered. I cut the butterflies in parchment and then cut them into 4. This meant that I could stick them behind the wings to give a shadow effect. The sentiment is straight - it is just my poor scanning!

No comments: