Friday 11 April 2008

Punny Mood

I don't normally make 'funny' cards, but I seemed to be in the mood today! (And I use the word 'funny' in the loosest possible way!) The first card uses a Stampin Up stamp. I have stamped it on blue flowery card, cut it out and embellished it with punched flowers. I added some white details with a gelly roll pen. I was planning on making it a male card, but the flowers got the better of me! I did try a red version, but I didn't like it nearly as much.

The second card uses my new owl die. I have been inspired to make owls by Erin who makes lovely stamped cards. As I am not usually a stamper, I paper pieced mine. Each owl consists of 4 layers (plus face details) and so their heads are quite 'thick'. I thought about them having an egg to look after - perhaps that will happen next! They seem very happy together! I think the sentiment is funny - although I had a hard time explaining it to my boys - only bodily functions are funny at that age!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I LoVE these! Especially the owls of course. I am a huge fan of paper piecing. Do you have a template for them or did you just whip them up? Amazing!

ps, if there is a template where did you get it, I need one.

CraftyC said...

I just love the owl card! Gingham always looks great!!
Clairexx