Thursday 3 April 2008

My Paperworld Challenge


These are my two attempts at the challenge on My Paper World. I love the cards on this blog - but I don't know the name of the blogger! Both of these cards have stretched the sketch slightly as I don't tend to use a square base (I haven't got any square envelopes!)


Anyway, the first card is a 5x7 size and was made with a Christmas paper stack from papermania from a year or 2 ago. I don't think I made any Christmas cards with it but I love the colours. The flowers were punched with an EK success punch and the white panel has been cuttlebug embossed with the happy birthday folder.


The second card is 4x6 and uses a stamped image that I have. I don't have the stamp, so don't know what make it is, but the dog looks really happy. I have had the image for ages and then when I got this footprints paper I knew just what to put it with! I used my watercolour paints to colour him in and a gelly roll on his eyes and nose to make them shine. I used an ink pad to make the bottom layer look 'muddy' and then again to stamp the congratulations.
Stamping isn't usually my thing, but at the next session of the craft club I help run we are doing stamping and so I have had to do some more to practice.

6 comments:

My Paper World said...

They are both gorgeous Ali! That adorable dog image looks perfect with that cute paw print paper!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

tillymint said...

Lovely cards, I especially like the little dog, so cute!

Lorraine said...

These are lovely cards, I love your punched flowers.

Benga said...

cute cards, the dog one is what i like the most!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, brilliant use of the sketch.

Angie C said...

Two lovely cards - great flowers and a lovely dog