Tuesday 22 April 2008

Owls

This card was for my Auntie and Uncle as they recently lent us their cottage in Wales for a holiday. In one of the trees next to the cottage was a nesting box with baby owls in it - so I had to make an owl thank you card! I used the sketch from My Paper World but only used one flower as they are so big. The paper is from a new papermania retro stack and I love the colours. The owl was cut with a new sizzix die - i think he is my favourite. The leaf was cut with a very old sizzix die and I used antique linen distress ink to tone everything down a little. The thank you stamping was done with part of a circular stamp which came free with a magazine ages ago.

5 comments:

My Paper World said...

It's gorgeous Ali! I love your cute owl card!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

Sammi said...

What a lovely card!! Nice colours, I bet they'll love it!!

Angie C said...

What a pretty card

craft mad Jenny said...

I really like this one, and bet they will too.

Rizwan said...

Very cute card!! I love this sketch too! i Like it so much thanks
plastic card printing