Wednesday 1 August 2007

Baby Boy Card


This card was for a regular customer who had just had a baby. She has bought lots of cards from me so I wanted to make something special for her.
The punched bear was inspired by some in Papercraft Inspirations (I think) a few months ago, although I have added to him by giving him feet! I love chocolate and blue but this card took me ages as I really wanted to incorporate the patterned paper (under the ribbon). I just couldn't get the pattern to work with this card and kept adding more and more layers and elements to the card until I finally realised that less is more and reduced the patterned paper to this little strip. Sorry, I don't know where the buttons and pin came from as I have lots of multi compartment embellishment boxes and I take stuff out of its packaging and put it in there as soon as I can (else I lose it!) The wording is sizzix.
I am writing this with the washing machine going full pelt besides me as I am trying to catch up with nearly 2 weeks worth of washing - and with 2 boys on summer holidays that is a LOT!

2 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Aww, beautiful card!!

Your bear is gorgeous, I haven't tried these yet, but will definately be doing so :)

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Awwww now that is a very sweet card... I love the bear... I bet they were thrilled with it!