Sunday 5 August 2007

Back to Pink



These cards were made as a set for my SIL to give to a friend. A new baby girl is on her way to join the family and so their daughter will be a big sister. As these cards are for the same people for the same event, I wanted to ensure that they co-ordinated.

I found this checked paper in Hobbycraft and thought it would be perfect for baby cards. The ribbon is from a top that I bought. It was a perfect colour match, so the top will have to do without the ribbon! The pram was made using a circle die and then cutting a segment out. It is mounted on foam tape for depth. The baby word is a sizzix medium sizzlit and I have layered white and DCWV pink to give it a bit of depth. I pricked the scallops to add some detail.


I used the same papers here to make the big sister card. The die cut bear was one I bought from Ebay (un-embellished). I made her dress from the pink paper and added a ribbon bow and flowers with gelly rolled centres. The bear is made from pearlescent card and my chalks don't stick, however I have found that ordinary felt tips shade this type of card very well. I used 2 shades of brown and one pink. I cut the nose from card and added a white dot. The face was drawn on with a cd marker pen as this dries really quickly. I made a dolly pram as before and used my extended cut sizzix serif die for the wording. I don't have a rectangle scallop die so the white panel was made with my scalloped scissors.

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

Love your cards, this teddy is so cute

mum-on-the-run said...

They're both lovely cards, the big sister card is just gorgeous!!