Saturday 4 August 2007

Red and Black

Although I love all things girly, I am also strangely drawn to red, black and white.
This background was embossed with a sizzix texture plate, having spritzed the card first with water - it embosses better this way. The flowers are my EK retro flower punch and they have been embossed with an Ellison spots embossing folder. I then curled the petals over my trusty scalpel handle. This grosgrain ribbon is fab and I use it all the time. The greeting was printed on the pc an then I went round the edges with a black Sakura gelly roll to give a bit of shine.


This card was made with the off cut of the embossed red card (the texture plates are quite big). It seemed a shame to waste it so I cut 3 apertures in it with my sizzix alphabars doodledots numbers (the dies each have 3 circles on them with numbers inside - the idea is that you can use the numbers or the negative, but it is also really useful for apertures!) The present and cake are made using an Ellison cut and emboss folder called 'birthday seals', in mirror card. They are flat on the card blank and the red has been raised up on foam tape to give some depth to the windows. The happy birthday is my favourite Sizzix die. It is supposed to be all sort of piled up on top of itself, but if you cut it twice you can make it look like this.



The dress card was made using a Sizzix dress die. I cut it from thin wood, black card and red. I punched the flowers and name tag and added red centres and the name with Sakura gelly rolls. I have lots of this fab angel hair ribbon which gives a lovely touch of texture and then some more gingham to finish.

I think that that is enough red and black for now (I do have more!)

Back to pink next time!



1 comment:

Samm said...

These are sooo cute!!! very striking!

Samm
x