Wednesday 1 August 2007

Little Paige's Birthday


This card was a commission. I love making cards for babies and toddlers, which is silly really as I know full well that they are not remotely interested in cards.
The background is cuttlebug embossed, the bunny is a quickutz die and the name was made using a sizzix alphabet (and mirror card - not black!) I printed the number on the pc and hand cut it from white which was matted onto mirror card and hand cut again. The ribbon was part of a bulk buy from ebay. Some friends and I run a craft club and we bought 50m of this ribbon in each of 5 different colours. We used some of it for craft club and then paid for 10m of each colour for ourselves. I have load of pink and purple left but only 1m of the turquoise. How have I managed to use 9m of turquoise ribbon???
I have also made this design in blue for a boy and using a 2 for a girl. The 1 works better though as the bunny has to be at a funny angle on the 2. I also prefer the girl card because the boy bunny can't have a flower by his ear!

3 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card!!

I didn't get that QK die as I didn't think it was possible to do much with it. How wrong was I?! It looks fab :)

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

What a sweet card, wish I made more baby cards!

Well done!

Risa said...

This card is so cute!