Thursday 2 August 2007

Birthday Wishes and Butterfly Kisses



This card was inspired by this card on Ana's blog. Hers is much much more beautiful, but I tend to do things more simply and so I 'minimised' the idea. The blue is DCWV so I had to carefully go round the scallop punched edges with a felt tip to hide the white core. I cut the circle with a cuttlebug 3" die and then embossed it with my swirls embossing folder. I use this all the time as it seems to go with everything! The butterfly was cut 2 times from the DCWV card and once from blue vellum. I then layered it so the card is the bottom layer, then vellum, then a card body and head. Wire for the feelers and ribbon for a trail. The greeting was printed on the pc. It doesn't show up so well on here, but I curled the bottom layer of the wings down and the top layer up to give him a little 3d ness. I have also made this card in pink but have already sent that to someone without scanning it first - emergency birthday!

1 comment:

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

pretty card, I need to make more blue cards... love the scalloped punch at the moment too!!

Like the embossing idea!