Sunday 5 August 2007

For you, Sue!

This is another of the Z cards I made last week, but I had to wait until the recipient (Sue) had opened it before I could post it here! I water coloured the cosmobella with my cheap and cheerful 89p watercolour paints from Tesco. I used clear glitter gelly roll on her hair to add touches of sparkle and also used gelly rolls for the red cherry and her silver belt buckle. I inked the edges of the white panel with a brown felt tip and then scratched them with my nails to get the distressed look. The faux stitching on the brown panel was also a gelly roll (what did I do before I found these???). The sentiment was printed on the pc and distressed as before. I added eyelets with my cropadile and mounted the piece on foam tape so it is the same height as the main panel when the card is shut. The only tricky bit was remembering to make sure that the join in the ribbon was under the bit of panel which is stuck to the card so that it doesn't show when the card is open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Alison for my Wonderful Card - it is so fab! I just love the way you have coloured the image with different effects, especially the glossy accents, and the distressed edges are super cool too. Sue